1. Burke SR, Myers R, Zhang AL. A profile of osteopathic practice in Australia 2010–2011: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 2013;14:227.
2. Fryer G. Special issue: Osteopathic principles. Int J Osteopath Med 2013;16:1–2.
3. Cruser dA, Maurer D, Hensel K, Brown SK, White K, Stoll ST. A randomized, controlled trial of osteopathic manipulative treatment for acute low back pain in active duty military personnel. J Man Manip Ther 2012;20:5–15.
4. Licciardone JC, Buchanan S, Hensel KL, King HH, Fulda KG, Stoll ST. Osteopathic manipulative treatment of back pain and related symptoms during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;202:43–48.
5. Licciardone JC, Minotti DE, Gatchel RJ, Kearns CM, Singh KP. Osteopathic manual treatment and ultrasound therapy for chronic low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Fam Med 2013;11:122–29.
6. Vismara L, Cimolin V, Menegoni F, et al. Osteopathic manipulative treatment in obese patients with chronic low back pain: a pilot study. Man Ther 2012;17:451–55.
7. Williams NH, Wilkinson C, Russell I, et al. Randomized osteopathic manipulation study (ROMANS): pragmatic trial for spinal pain in primary care. Fam Pract 2003;20:662–69.
8. Rubinstein SM, van Middelkoop M, Assendelft WJ, de Boer MR, van Tulder MW. Spinal manipulative therapy for chronic low-back pain: an update of a Cochrane review. Spine 2011;36:E825–46
9. Orrock P. Profile of members of the Australian Osteopathic Association: Part 1 – The practitioners. Int J Osteopath Med 2009;12:14–24.
10. Downie A, Williams CM, Henschke N, et al. Red flags to screen for malignancy and fracture in patients with low back pain: systematic review. BMJ 2013;347.
11. Degenhardt BF, Johnson JC, Hagan C. Osteopathic manipulation reduces pain and improves quality of life. Int J Osteopath Med 2013;16:e11–12.
12.Greenman PE. Principles of Manual Medicine. 3rd edn. Philadelphia: Lippincott William & Wilkins, 2003.
13. de Oliveira RF, Liebano RE, Costa LdCM, Rissato LL, Costa LOP. Immediate effects of region-specific and non-region-specific spinal manipulative therapy in patients with chronic low back pain: a randomized controlled trial. Physical Therapy 2013;93:748–56.
14. Brooks P, March L, Bogduk N, et al. Evidence-based management of acute musculoskeletal pain. Australian Acute Musculoskeletal Pain Guidelines Group. Brisbane: Australian Academic Press, 2003.